Analog/Mixed-Signal Software Tutorials
- Neocircuit setup - Setup for Neocircuit, a sophisticated circuit-optimization tool
- Creating a Parameterized Cell in Cadence - Basic tutorial for creating custom parameterized cells in Cadence
- RFIC dynamic link setup - How to set up RFIC dynamic link (IDF) that provides an integration interface between ADS and the Cadence Analog Environment.
Analog Simulation Techniques
- LNA Performance Simulations - How to simulate a low-noise amplifier using SpectreRF
- Mixer Performance Simulations - How to simulate a mixer using SpectreRF
- VCO Performance Simulations - How to simulate a voltage controlled oscillator using SpectreRF
- Integrated Inductor Design using ADS Momentum - Integrated inductor design procedure using Cadence and ADS 2011 Momentum
- Simulations using ADE (G)XL - How to perform schematic, corner, and postlayout simulation using ADE (G)XL (Last update 8/14/2012)
- Simulations using Cadence OCEAN Scripts - How to setup simulations and run them automatically (in Progress, last update 5/29/2013)
During the summer of 2011 ISU migrated all student labs to Cadence 6.15. Tutorials pertaining to Cadence 6.15 are being created and will appear here.
- Cadence 6.1 Setup - updated on August 23, 2011
- Migration from Cadence 5.14 to Cadence 6.x - updated on August 25, 2011
- Setup for 130nm IBM PDK - updated on May 8, 2015
- Cadence Encounter Steps for EE465 - updated on December 8, 2015
Linux Remote Access
You can find instructions for logging into campus Linux servers here: https://it.ece.iastate.edu/remote/
Lab equipment tutorial for EE330 including LabVIEW Signal Express and Parameter Analyzer.