Analog/Mixed-Signal Software Tutorials
- Neocircuit setup - Setup for Neocircuit, a sophisticated circuit-optimization tool
- Creating a Parameterized Cell in Cadence - Basic tutorial for creating custom parameterized cells in Cadence
- RFIC dynamic link setup - How to set up RFIC dynamic link (IDF) that provides an integration interface between ADS and the Cadence Analog Environment.
Analog Simulation Techniques
- LNA Performance Simulations - How to simulate a low-noise amplifier using SpectreRF
- Mixer Performance Simulations - How to simulate a mixer using SpectreRF
- VCO Performance Simulations - How to simulate a voltage controlled oscillator using SpectreRF
- Integrated Inductor Design using ADS Momentum - Integrated inductor design procedure using Cadence and ADS 2011 Momentum
- Simulations using ADE (G)XL - How to perform schematic, corner, and postlayout simulation using ADE (G)XL (in Progress, last update 8/14/2012)
- Simulations using Cadence OCEAN Scripts - How to setup simulations and run them automatically (in Progress, last update 5/29/2013)
During the summer of 2011 ISU migrated all student labs to Cadence 6.15. Tutorials pertaining to Cadence 6.15 are being created and will appear here.
- Cadence 6.1 Setup - updated on August 23, 2011
- Migration from Cadence 5.14 to Cadence 6.x - updated on August 25, 2011
- Introductory Tutorial - updated on August 26, 2011 - In Progress
Linux Remote Access
You can remote acess into campus Linux servers listed at http://it.eng.iastate.edu/remote. A recommended software tool is NX Client by NoMachine, which can be downloaded at http://www.nomachine.com/download.php. Download the free client for Windows as well as the nxfonts addons. After installing the client, you will go through a wizard process at first launch. Give any name for "Session" and fill in the remote server address for "Host". You may leave everything as default. Lastly, login using your ISU netid and password.
Lab equipment tutorial for EE330 including LabVIEW Signal Express and Parameter Analyzer.