Analog/Mixed-Signal Software Tutorials
- icfb setup - How to set up and run Cadence Virtuoso front-to-back IC design toolset for the first time
- Neocircuit setup - Setup for Neocircuit, a sophisticated circuit-optimization tool
- Creating a Parameterized Cell - Basic tutorial for creating custom parameterized cells in Cadence
Analog Simulation Techniques
- VCO Performance Simulations - How to simulate a voltage controlled oscillator using SpectreRF
- LNA Performance Simulations - How to simulate a low-noise amplifier using SpectreRF
- Integrated Inductor Design using ADS Momentum - Integrated inductor design procedure using Cadence and ADS Momentum
During the summer of 2011 ISU will be migrating all student labs to Cadence 6.1. Tutorials pertaining to Cadence 6.1 are being created and will appear here during late Spring 2011 semester.
Linux Remote Access
You can remote acess into campus Linux servers listed at http://it.eng.iastate.edu/remote.html. A recommended software tool is NX Client by NoMachine, which can be downloaded at http://www.nomachine.com/download.php. Download the free client for Windows as well as the nxfonts addons. After installing the client, you will go through a wizard process at first launch. Give any name for "Session" and fill in the remote server address for "Host". You may leave everything as default. Lastly, login using your ISU netid and password.