WinSCP is an open source free SFTP client and FTP client for Windows. Legacy SCP protocol is also supported. Its main function is safe copying of files between a local and a remote computer.
Cyberduck is an alternative to WinSCP for mac.
How to use WinSCP Video
How to use WinSCP
1) Download WinSCP
2) Click installation packages.
3) Run the file.
4) Click through the installation.
5) click finish you DO NOT have to pay or donate.
6) The host name for your home directory is "ssh.engineering.iastate.edu".
For your AFS filespace the host name is "afs.engineering.iastate.edu".
7) Username and password is your personal ISU Net ID and password.
8) Then click save.
9) Chose a name for the session or leave it as is.
10) To login double click on the session name and input you ISU Net ID and password as prompted.
11) The left side is your computer's c: drive and the right is your ISU u: drive.