AutonomousPrime is an Electrical and Computer Engineering Department Senior Design Project for the 2017 calendar year. We are designing an autonomous vehicle through the use of a Neural Network. This project will be completed in December 2017. This site will host various documentation such as descriptions of our neural network design, explanations of why we did the things we did, and tutorials on how to implement things we did.
Our main website is located at https://dec1721.sd.ece.iastate.edu.
Here you will find information that documents all team decisions and development.
- Hardware Parts
- Co-processor Specifications
- Communications Protocol
- Python Car API
- Collecting Training Data
- Training Neural Network
Neural Network Examples
These tutorials are external resources our team has found to help us out in our learning about neural networks and various other related subjects
- MNIST Digit Recognition Neural Network Tutorial
- CIFAR-10 Object Recognition Neural Network Tutorial
- NVIDIA Self Driving Car with Dataset
These tutorials are external tutorials we found that helped us to develop our Arduino program so that we could interpret a PPM Signal from an RC controller to control the RC cars' throttle and steering
- Controlling Servos With RC Controller
- PPM Signal Generation
- PPM Signal Capture
- Capturing PPM to Generate PWM
This is where information about the onboard computer(s) we have used, and how we have managed to set them up for our usage, is located.
- Odroid-XU4 - Our first testing onboard computer and what ended up being our only onboard computer
* Coming Soon - Jetson TX1 - Our second and should be final onboard computer
These tutorials are developed for our team and possible future teams to provide help in using university resources, as well as basic tutorials on our team's implementation of both hardware and software solutions for this project